Monday 21 July 2008

Procrastination & RSS news feeds

As you can tell I'm not keeping to the schedule; hectic school holidays here, throw in a few illnesses there, add a couple of blogs vehemently against Topix.net, Syndic8.com et al, garnish with a sprinkling of laziness and voila PROCRASTINATION.
A time honoured recipe.
After serving customers at desk duty, shelving, t & l, Manix, Maori Language week display, researching Montana book awards, shelving, banking, washing dishes, cleaning out the fridge, shelving, balance petty cash, checking in new books, picking gum off the bottom of seats and shelving - I thought now might be a nice time to jump onto the RSS news feeds and I must admit it wasn't too bad.
Although I love typing in the search function and getting 861 results for 'crows feet' in Technorati; majority of the hits were advertisements for plastic surgery centres and anti wrinkle cream products but thats what I get for trying to be a smart alec, I must admit I still prefer to receive my news from the local paper or the tv. I can only handle propaganda from so many outlets.

2 comments:

tosca said...

hey hey ;0)

did you know that if you use Mozilla's Firefox you can have RSS Feeds (or web feeds) go straight to your bookmarks toolbar? Was toolin' around and found that out by accident. I detest IE!

And I know what you mean by procrastination - but let's talk about that another day LOL :0)

Wonder Woman said...

I'm with you on the newspaper thing over other media type thing; but I do have a secret soft spot for the BBC radio. When did I get this old?