Wednesday 14 January 2009

YouTube Baby!

I'm a fan of YouTube. Through this site I've found gospel gems I thought were lost through the annals of time never to be appreciated by our younger generations, it's sites like this where the hoarder truly shines - providing our future leaders with a chance for a greater sense of music appreciation and classic TV viewing, no longer bemused at their parents lyrical waxing of the comedic genius of John Cleese . The hoarder's neurosis for collecting validated and if items can be electronically converted then let the sharing begin via YouTube. Long may it remain!
I've selected the Kiwis World Cup 2008 winning game - if there was ever an upset of giants, this was it. I enjoyed the Nine Network commentators Rabbs, Sterlo & Gould call of the game rather than Sky's. Costigan(SKY) seemed to be baulk at every Kiwi try, especially the Hohaia penalty try. Costigan was practically whinging it wouldn't be a penalty try because Billy Slater was in the picture yet the Nine Network commentators immediately called it as a penalty try - it takes some gloss off the contest when bias is evident in the calling - but hey he's an Aussie, what do I expect. I reckon the man of the match should've gone to one of the Kiwis - my picks, either Lance Hohaia, Jeremy Smith or Adam Blair. Man victory was sweet!

No comments: